WHY DID I MAKE SUCH PAIN TO MYSELF?
I've installed two or three versions of eclipse in my computer using an eclipse installer. Each version has a stand-alone installation directory which contains a bunch of configuration files and an executable. However, they don't swallow too much of my disk. Every installation uses less than 10M of disk space.
Everything is ok, right? They are so tiny, don't care about that too much. No, every installation has a seperated executable, but actually, they are just the same, which makes me sick. I don't want to create a quick link for each of them. It's annoying. They just load different plugins and features on start up, but use the same framework. So I decide to merge them.
STEP 1: MERGE BULDLES.INFO
- File: eclipse/configuration/org.eclipse.equinox.simpleconfigurator/bundles.info
- Structure: package, file, version, an integer (I don't know what it means), a boolean value
- Merge method: Each entry is unique and seperated by line. Just compare and meger line by line. Note that they are ordered.
STEP 2: MERGE PLATFORMS.XML
- File: eclipse/configuration/org.eclipse.update/platforms.xml
- Structure: config.site.features
- Merge method: Compare and merge features.
It's just bullshit above all without codes. See @ github.